Best 5 Master’s Degrees in Design in South Africa
Friday, August 28, 2020
Are you the creative type? Do you love to draw and create designs? Studying design is not for everyone because it requires a dedication to imagination and visual creativity, among others. Pursuing a design master’s degree could open a wide scope of possible careers, as this kind of degree doesn’t limit you to stick to design. If you are interested in pursuing a career in design, here are the best Master’s degrees in Design offered by top universities in South Africa.
Why study Design?There are many ways in which a Master’s degree in Design could benefit you.
- First, there’s the fact that it is a very creative job and there’s no limit to a designer's imagination, which means this is not a monotonous job.
- Design degrees prepare students to be able to create products that fulfill functional, as well as aesthetic, purposes, while also considering the economic and social aspects. Design degree studies prepare professionals for careers in Multimedia, Advertising, Technology, but also Fashion Design or Interior Design.
- There are many types of specialisations of design that you can choose from. You could choose the one you prefer from interior design, graphic design, web design, industrial design, etc.
- Pursuing a master’s degree in design can teach you very valuable skills that will prepare you for the world. Unique thinking, research, analysis and problem solving combine to fabricate products in corporate, education, government, and not-for-profit environments. These skills would also be useful to other types of careers.
- Careers in the Design sector are exploding as Designers are forming a part of virtually every industry segment today. Your job prospect would not be limited to a single path. You would have many options available, including Engineering, Manufacturing, Internet and Communication Technologies, Architecture, Industrial Design, Town-Planning, Advertising, Brand Development, Marketing, Business Development and Entrepreneurship, Fashion, Textiles, Visual Merchandising, Interior Design, Theatre, TV Production, Film, Publishing, Animation and Multimedia, service design and interaction design.