University of Johannesburg: One of the Best Universities to Study a Master’s Degree in South Africa
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
If you are not sure about which university is the best for a Master’s degree in South Africa, the University of Johannesburg (UJ) is certainly one of the best ones. So, if you want to make sure you make the right choice, the UJ is the way to go. Located in Johannesburg, the UJ is one of the richest environments in South Africa to pursue a Master’s degree.
Why study at the University of Johannesburg?
There are many reasons why the University of Johannesburg is among the best ones to study a Master’s degree. Some of them are:
- Quality education: UJ offers world-class, internationally recognised academic programmes based on curricula informed by cutting-edge developments in both undergraduate and postgraduate education, and that are designed to prepare students for the world of work and for global citizenship.
- Excellent reputation: UJ’s renowned reputation for excellence and innovation is recognised around the world thanks to world rankings as it has been ranked among the 200 best universities in the world.
- Inclusive environment: The University offers an inclusive environment so that every student feels safe and comfortable while earning their dreamed degrees. It is a university that is transforming lives and diversifying professions.
- Strategically located: A proud South African university strategically located in the vibrant and multicultural city of Johannesburg, UJ reflects the city’s energy and embracing its diversity with equal passion.
- Focused on the Future: UJ’s vision is to be "an international University of choice, anchored in Africa, dynamically shaping the future". For that reason, it has one of the widest variety of programmes available to study. The University’s mission can be described as follows: "inspiring its community to transform and serve humanity through innovation and the collaborative pursuit of knowledge". This is underpinned by four values, namely: imagination, conversation, regeneration and ethical foundation.
- Expanding its Scope: The majority of the master’s degrees are offered on campus, but UJ is adding more and more online programmes in order to make sure their top education is available to those who cannot go to university the traditional way.